Sunday, August 30, 2009

week of 8-30

Well, last week didn't go as planned after Tuesday.

I trained on Monday, as planned, and Tuesday, my left shoulder hurt like mad, right in the front. Right shoulder was sore in the same place, but left shoulder hurt. Couldn't lift a glass to drink. Over the course of the week, it's gotten better, to the point where yesterday it twinged once or twice but that was all. I have been careful not to use it at the gym at all, soooo....

Tuesday I went to spin as planned.

Wednesday my whole body was sore and tired, so I went and used the steam room and the hot tub :) I've never gone to the gym with the intention not to exercise before, so that was kinda weird, but it was a good, relaxing, healthy thing to do.

Thursday I did some interval training on the treadmill.

Friday I did just the stairmaster. I'm close to being back where I was before monitoring my heart rate, which feels good!

Yesterday I did nifty 50s on lower body and core: ball squats, calf raises, crunches, oblique twists, back extensions, hip flexors.

Today, I am going to do more interval training on the treadmill and also use the steam room and hot tub.

Tomorrow, I am going to train. Tuesday, I'm going to spin. After that, it all kind of depends on how my shoulder feels. If it's not feeling better by Tuesday, I'm going to call the PT who worked wonders on my hamstring and see if he can do the same magic on my shoulder. In the meantime, my trainer did give me some exercises I can do for my shoulder, which I have been doing.

We'll see how it goes. The tri is four weeks from today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment