Monday, March 16, 2009

ready to be healed...

I swam yesterday, and my right shoulder was a little tweaky. This is Not Good.

I figure it's some combination of swimming a lot and lots of upper-body strength training. I always have at least one rest day between lifting days, often more, but I wonder if the swim days in between made days off less restful.

Today, it feels pretty good. I'm not exercising today.

My hamstring, however, is not healing. I'm very frustrated (to put it mildly), and I'm going to look into physical therapy and/or a chiropractor. I have a recommendation for a physical therapist, and there was a doc who came to our school and gave massages who I have info for. (I'm more likely to go with the first, since he was personally recommended.)

To add to my frustration, I've been using my heart rate monitor. I can swim comfortably and keep my HR under 165 (which is where I have the alarm set for). But on Saturday when I was lifting, I set the dumb thing off with almost every set of exercises. 20 pushups? HR=170. I thought we had moved on from this problem, but I guess not. I'm planning to wear it tomorrow when (if) I train. My mom suggested I get my thyroid checked. I need to get bloodwork done this week anyway, for the oncologist. I'm going to ask them if they'll tack the two tests she suggested on. And I usually have my blood chemistry checked every March, so I'll ask about that, too. I don't know if they'll do all that, but I figure, there's no harm in asking...

I'm not sure if I should train tomorrow or not. My gut is saying "rest another day," so that's what I'm likely to go with. I need to talk to B. and maybe reschedule for Thursday or early morning Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment