Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feb 10 and mentoring!

I trained with B. tonight. Since my hamstring is still not 100% (though it's much closer than it has been), we did upper body only. It was killer. I will definitely stretch again before bed, and probably periodically all day tomorrow. But have I mentioned how much I love these killer sessions? Doesn't matter which part of the body we're working (top, bottom, middle, all), I LOVE being pushed as far as I go with a trainer. If I had the money, I'd train once a week year round.

Anyway, I have taken off tomorrow (from work) and am planning, if I feel well, to go to do some cardio (and maybe also abs). B. said that I could try out some light treadmill action and see how it feels. So the plan is to go in sweats and take my bathing suit so I can swim if walking/running doesn't work out. We'll see.

Also today, I got an e-mail from my triathlon mentor person! I'm excited! This whole triathlon thing is exciting :) Anyway, T. wrote me, told me about herself, let me know how she'd be available. I wrote back, probably too much, telling her where I'm coming from, asking a couple of questions, telling her my goals.

Goals:
-finish the race
-without doggie paddling or walking
-without getting hurt (whether by injury or crashing)
-without throwing up

Too much to ask? I think probably not. I think that if the race was next weekend, I'd be able to finish it, though I'd need to walk and maybe doggie paddle, and I might throw up at the end. But I have time, and in that time, I can get better. I will get better. I'm already getting better. So those are my goals :)

No comments:

Post a Comment