Friday, February 6, 2009

Feb 6

I saw B. when I went to the gym this afternoon and we talked about my tight hammy a bit.

Consensus is that I shouldn't do any land-based cardio or lower body training until the tightness is gone and the hamstring feels normal.

So today I did a rockin' abs/lower back workout for half an hour or so, and then swam. I did 22 laps tonight, before I had to get out because I was getting picked up. (I would have had more time, but all of the lanes were full when I arrived.) Knowing now that I can go longer, adding extra laps isn't as exciting as it was a week ago, but that's OK. I think I'll still be pretty jazzed when I hit the 750-meter-mark.

Plan for the weekend has changed. Tomorrow: upper body and some swimming (I don't anticipate that swim being as fruitful, especially if my lifting is rigorous). Sunday: abs and some swimming. If my leg feels better tomorrow, I might throw in some light legwork on Sunday. That'll be a go-with-the-gut decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment