Thursday, February 5, 2009

Feb 4, 5

Well, Wednesdays during the school year are almost always rest days, as I have meetings at work until 5 or so, 45-60-minute drive home, eat some dinner, and be out the door at 6:30 or so for a 7:00 rehearsal. If there is no rehearsal or no meetings, I can get in a workout.

Anyway, yesterday was a rest day.

Today, due to many discipline issues that needed to be dealt with, I didn't get home from work until 6. My turn to cook dinner, and tonight's planned meal takes 45 minutes or so to make. After preparing and eating, I made the "fatal" mistake of sitting down :)

I'm really tired, and my hamstring is still tight (it's a little bit looser than it was yesterday, but I still need to adjust to tie my shoes), so I think I'm going to put some heat on the leg, give it a gentle stretch, and go to sleep. Sleep will be good :)

My upper body isn't quite as sore as I expected it to be, after Tuesday's workout. Tomorrow I'm definitely spending some good time in the pool. I'm not sure about working out legs if my hamstring is still tight. Can I work other muscles, or are they too inter-connected? I don't want to hurt myself, so if I can't get an answer from my (or another) trainer, I'll just lay off the lower body until the hamstring feels better. So if the leg is in good shape, I'll do lower/abs and swim. If the leg isn't in good shape, I think I'll still do abs and swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment