Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feb 3

Yesterday was a cardio day. I did 15 minutes on each of the elliptical (level 6, "random"), the rower (average over 60 watts, 2600 meters), the stairmaster (level 5) and the treadmill (various speeds including a cool-down, most time on 5 mph, highest was 6.5).

I went to stretch and noticed that my right hamstring was super-tight. It still is. I can walk, jog, take stairs with no problem, but I can't tie my shoes without bending a little extra in other places. I'm taking care to make sure that it doesn't go from tight to injured.

Tonight, I trained with B., upper body. It was a long hour, with arms very gummy at the end. A good workout. Really hard. I like working out hard, though I sometimes have trouble pushing myself. That's why I like having a good trainer. (I've had many bad trainers.)

I don't have a tri plan yet, but the current lifting plan is upper and lower/abs twice a week each (one of those typically with B.). On days that I do lower, or days that I don't lift, I can swim. I need to log a lot of time in the pool. Wednesdays are typically rest days because of my schedule. One day over the weekend (depending on how the lift schedule falls), I need to get to a spin class. At some point, I'll start to brick a spin class with a run on the treadmill and see how that feels.

This week: rest tomorrow, lower body Thursday if the hamstring is feeling better. If not, just cardio, including pool time. Friday, upper body. I think I need to sit down with a calendar and figure all of this out...

No comments:

Post a Comment